How does the NDIS support people with MND?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides funding for Motor Neurone Disease (MND) supports and services to Australians who have permanent and significant disability aged under 65, including people with an MND diagnosis.
What is Coordination of Supports (CoS)?
A Support Coordinator is very much like having a personal assistant to assist with the implementation of your NDIS plan.
They will be able to:
- Assist with your access request, planning meeting, NDIS plan review
- Understand your NDIS plan, and help budget
- Source and link you with local supports and providers
- Maintain a watchful eye on your NDIS budget
- If your NDIS plan looks to be inadequate, advocate for the best funding package depending on your needs.
How is MND Queensland different from other CoS services?
Our Support Coordinators are not only helping you to navigate the NDIS and support services available to you, they are also able to provide information through our MND Advisory Service. This allows us to provide a truly specialised coordination of your support needs with a deep understanding of MND and its impacts.
How do I get more information?
The best way to get all of your questions answered is to contact us
Phone: 1800 777 175
Alternatively, fill in the form below and we will be in contact with you within 1-2 business days.