What is Physiotherapy?
A Physiotherapist is an Allied Health Professional who works with individuals to help them to address needs or concerns related to mobility issues. A Physiotherapist helps to maximise functional outcomes, reduce the risk of injury and minimise fatigue. Physiotherapy can support you with functional mobility to maximise your ability to move and perform activities of daily living.
Our Physiotherapist will seek to understand you and what is important to you so that they can assist you to achieve your goals whether at home, work or in the community. They will only be supporting people with MND so that they can provide a service that recognizes that everybody’s journey is an individual one and take into consideration future needs as well as immediate ones.
How can MND Queensland’s Physiotherapist help?
Our Physiotherapist can assist with a range of needs including:
- NDIS access request/Pre-planning
- Client specific exercise programs, mobility and balance training
- Joint range of motion exercises and therapeutic gentle stretching
- Therapeutic soft tissue massage for muscular aches and shortening/contractures
- Assistive Technology and mobility equipment (Including set up and training)
- Carer support/education
- Manual handling education and training
Who can access Physiotherapy from MND Queensland?
MND Queensland’s Physiotherapy services are available to anyone with MND in South- East Queensland. We will explore the option of regional visits in the near future if our clients request this support.
There is a cost associated with the service and this is usually met through NDIS funding or a Home Care Package (through My Aged Care).
Referrals for Physiotherapy services can be made by completing the form below: